Monday, November 19, 2007
3rd Dental Visit
Today Kirra visited the dentist for the 3rd time in her life. The first time she went was to Dr. Gutierrez, the dentist Scott and I visit. The hygienist, Monique, was awesome with Kirra though she was really scared, but our dentist didn't do a great job catering to her age. So I thought it would be a good idea to take her to a pediatric dentist since they are used to working with children. Our first visit to Dr. Meckler was six months ago and they really just looked at her teeth, but didn't clean them. Today Kirra was really nervous and I think the hygienist did a terrible job of making her feel any better about the situation. She hardly talked to Kirra about what she was doing - especially for the x-ray - something Kirra has been really nervous about for some odd reason. Poor Kirra was even scared about the chair being laid back! So while the hygienist polished Kirra's teeth I held her leg and her hands. Her little leg muscles were so tense I could tell she was upset, but when the big tears started coming and spilling out of the corners of her eyes it just about broke my heart! She did a great job under the circumstances and was more than happy when we got to pick out a purple flowered bracelet and a Tinkerbell sticker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment