Saturday, January 5, 2008
Deliberation
For Christmas Kirra received a Polly Pocket set from Aunt Evie. She was thrilled that Aunt Evie knew she liked playing with Polly Pockets and was going to overlook the fact she already had the same little set. We emailed Aunt Evie and found out where she purchased the set and we took Kirra to Mervyn's to pick out something else. Oh, we had no idea how long it would take! We browsed for a little while and then I showed Kirra the things that were the same price and told her she could choose one Barbie, one Polly Pocket set, or three mini-Polly Pocket sets. She started to cry when she found out she could only choose one and when the painful decision was finally made she said, "But what if other girls come and buy the other cute Barbie's I liked, then they won't be here for the next time we come back!" After we made the exchange and we headed out of the store she said, "You know why I chose the Island Princess Barbie? Because that's the one you liked the best Mommy." I'm don't know if she said that to make me feel good or if she was letting me know I pressured her into something she wasn't quite sure about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment